Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: FreeDiams freediams_0.4.2-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTE

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: FreeDiams freediams_0.4.2-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into Debian
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 17:03:51 -0700

On 2010-07-14, at 2:14 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Just follow your normal release cycle and ping me if a new version is
> released (and please remember to drop the 'orig' from the tarball.  I'll
> care for packaging it and will upload....

Hi, is the above dropping of 'orig' for human disambiguation, or is it part of
the method of replacing what is (already) in the Debian unstable-->testing flow
?

> You might like to read the gnumed wiki.

http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/DebianPackages says that, to roll private
packages, one *does* use "orig" ... is this for the purpose of locally
over-riding sources?