Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: FreeDiams freediams_0.4.2-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTE

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: FreeDiams freediams_0.4.2-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into Debian
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 23:52:19 -0700

On 2010-07-14, at 11:28 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Can you tell me any reason why FreeDiams (or GNUmed) should be handled
> differently than new versions of Openoffice.Org, Firefox, Apache,
> PostgreSQL?

I cannot think of a really good reason.

A not so good reason is that, AFAICT
- the user base for FreeDiams is small
- the user base for GNUmed is maybe even smaller
- a small base can be very uncomfortable until a project has earned any of
        safety from "hit by bus" factor
        recognition within the larger community
        penetration within the larger community

Until such a time, some level of insecurity and/or impatience can be
understandable... but I agree, it is not a reason to be treated differently.

In fact, I do not believe there was any request or suggestion to be treated
differently:-)

-- Jim