Re: [Gnumed-devel] Matching was Re: Mirth (2 of 3): HL7 import for the G

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Matching was Re: Mirth (2 of 3): HL7 import for the GNUmed project - test source message
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 16:24:07 -0700

On 2010-08-17, at 2:12 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

> this second scenario especially seems to make the case for logical,
> computational, and clinical legitimacy to keep OBR and OBX meaningfully
> associated?

I came across a different use case of

        one OBR
        multiple identical OBX

where a "single test (protocol)" involves the patient bringing into the lab  3
chemically-treated, self-sealing "cards" each of which contains a smudge of the
person's feces (yes, that's "bowel movement") applied using a wooden applicator
stick... yuk)

Anyway this is referred to as a test for "occult blood" and may be returned as

        OBR-Occult Blood

                OBX1-Occult Blood1
                OBX2-Occult Blood2
                OBX3-Occult Blood3

which would seem to make the case that each OBX be imported as its own row
(could the subid be stored in GNUmed as a subfield within our test_reult fk?)

-- Jim