Re: [Gnumed-devel] Matching was Re: Mirth (2 of 3): HL7 import for the G

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Matching was Re: Mirth (2 of 3): HL7 import for the GNUmed project - test source message
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 00:11:11 -0300

Say ...

I ask a Urine and Blood sample, say lab sends me:

Blood = evil man eating bacteria
Urine = pending

then later that day:

Blood = evil man eating bacteria
Urine = normal

How would GNUmed relate o to this?

Rogerio

On 2010-08-17, at 2:12 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

> this second scenario especially seems to make the case for logical, computational, and clinical legitimacy to keep OBR and OBX meaningfully associated?

I came across a different use case of

       one OBR
       multiple identical OBX

where a "single test (protocol)" involves the patient bringing into the lab  3 chemically-treated, self-sealing "cards" each of which contains a smudge of the person's feces (yes, that's "bowel movement") applied using a wooden applicator stick... yuk)

Anyway this is referred to as a test for "occult blood" and may be returned as

       OBR-Occult Blood

               OBX1-Occult Blood1
               OBX2-Occult Blood2
               OBX3-Occult Blood3

which would seem to make the case that each OBX be imported as its own row (could the subid be stored in GNUmed as a subfield within our test_reult fk?)

-- Jim