Re: [Gnumed-devel] clinicians: coding use case survey - please respond !

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] clinicians: coding use case survey - please respond !
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 12:35:36 +0200

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 11:25:07AM +0200, Eric MAEKER wrote:

> I did not follow the thread but I've coded a FreeICD apps
> which is like the FreeDiams app allowing user to create
> complexe ICD10 collections and coding according. All ICD
> rules are correctly implemented (inclusions, exclusions, Dag
> Star...).

Thanks for the heads-up. Once this is available as a Debian
package it could be used by GNUmed as an external code
browser in order to make searching for codes more
convenient. Much like we use FreeDiams.

It would then be useful to have

- an exchange-file mechanism
        - tell FreeCodes which term to look up
        - tell GNUmed which codes were selected for that term

- the ability to include other coding systems and versions
        - ICPC-2
        - ATC
        - LOINC
        - ...