Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:17:30 -0700

On 2011-06-14, at 2:52 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> - family history needs to be copy-per-patient, not shared

and this per-patient family history record would need to be codeable (to be
able to be associated) with a code the same way as the narrative rows /
episoses / issues

In other words:

… if we are interested to find patients with a family history of hypertension
AND
… if hypertension is (in for example ICD9 coding) = 410
… then it would be helpful to be able to search for patients whose family
history is associated with ICD9 = 410

Now if any one family history item record would be likely associated with only
one "code" then the code could be a column in the family history however if it
could be multiple codes per family history item then I imagine the codes will
need to be split into a separate table. Is that what we expect to be the case?

-- Jim