Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - value colour red

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurement workflows - value colour red
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 20:15:45 +0000

On 2013-07-14, at 12:00 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

>> If however the patient's HbA1c was 7.2% it would remain
>> pink, and on review with the patient I can easily identify
>> to them "well, it is not quite as good as we should be able
>> to manage in your case".
>
> Pink - is that the answer to
>
> - multi-test cells with low/normal/high ?
> - low vs high cells ?

pink for
- high
- multi-test cells that contain one or more highs, plus any number of normals

light blue for
- low
- multi-test cells that contain one or more lows, plus any number of normals

plum for
- multi-test cells which contains both lows and highs

rationale:
- plum represents a combination of pink and light blue

I thought about whether to stick to just {pink, blue} however this would, in
the case of a mixed value cell, require one colour to override the other and
thus beg the question

        "what is more clinically concerning … a high or low value"

but there is no uniform answer because
- in the case of drug levels, highs would more often be a bigger concern
- in the case of enzyme levels, highs would more often be a bigger concern
- but in the case of glucose and some electrolytes, low could be a bigger
concern

> Did you intentionally start mixing unsigned with abnormal ?

No, I would not shade unsigned. You already have the hand showing.

-- Jim