Re: [Gnumed-devel] 1.4.9 inability to select unsigned results to sign

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 1.4.9 inability to select unsigned results to sign
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 00:40:44 +0000

On 2014-12-10, at 2:33 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 08:47:11PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> The measurements plugin provides the function
>>
>> [Select]    your unsigned (Y)     all unsigned (A)
>>
>> except neither of them appear to select the cell at bottom left containing a
>> weight of 75.
>>
>> Is it because the cell contains multiple readings, one of which is already
>> signed?
>
> Probably. I'll have to check to be sure.
>
> You do know the workarounds to get things done ?
>
> BTW, would you think it worthwhile to "somehow" "always" keep
> in view "a few" results, say, in the top row area ?  Say, BP
> and pulse, EDC if exists, GFR if known, QTc if known ?
> (surely configurable with a few hardcoded defaults perhaps)
>
> If so, which and/or which way ?

That's an excellent question … what is it that makes us want to assign a
measurement some kind of priority. This could be

- measurements commonly needed to make other decisions (weight for dosing, eGFR
for adjustments and contraindications)
- lab measures relevant to surgical procedures (INR PT PTT platelets)

but it seems to me those could be achieved via panels.

Height, weight, BP, heart rate have a certain appeal as being directly-measured
in the praxis, but these too could be spotlighted in a panel.

-- Jim