Re: [Gnumed-devel] 1.4.9 inability to select unsigned results to sign

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 1.4.9 inability to select unsigned results to sign
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 10:39:49 +0100

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 12:40:44AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> > BTW, would you think it worthwhile to "somehow" "always" keep
> > in view "a few" results, say, in the top row area ?  Say, BP
> > and pulse, EDC if exists, GFR if known, QTc if known ?
> > (surely configurable with a few hardcoded defaults perhaps)
> >
> > If so, which and/or which way ?
>
> That's an excellent question … what is it that makes us want to assign a
> measurement some kind of priority. This could be
>
> - measurements commonly needed to make other decisions (weight for dosing,
> eGFR for adjustments and contraindications)
> - lab measures relevant to surgical procedures (INR PT PTT platelets)
>
> but it seems to me those could be achieved via panels.

Certainly, but panels will "only" be seen upon selection in
the measurements plugin. I am thinking of "super-relevant"
measurements which the user may want to keep in view "all the
time", such as BP / weight in a GP office.

> Height, weight, BP, heart rate have a certain appeal as being
> directly-measured in the praxis, but these too could be spotlighted in a
> panel.

Sure, the technical means of letting the user select which
tests to highlight somewhere would be to make her create a
panel of them tests and then configure that panel to be the
one to use for extra attention. This is how it's done for
medication-related lab monitoring (short of us creating a
means to attach tests-to-monitor to substances, and even then
would it still be useful to add arbitrary tests as desired).