Re: [Gnumed-devel] 1.4.9 inability to select unsigned results to sign

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 1.4.9 inability to select unsigned results to sign
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 12:01:45 +0100

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 11:33:38PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > The measurements plugin provides the function
> >
> > [Select]    your unsigned (Y)     all unsigned (A)
> >
> > except neither of them appear to select the cell at bottom left containing
> > a weight of 75.
> >
> > Is it because the cell contains multiple readings, one of which is already
> > signed?
>
> Probably. I'll have to check to be sure.

Aha, indeed as I suspected. There's even a comment in the
code as to why this behaviour was chosen:

        #------------------------------------------------------------
        def select_cells(self, unsigned_only=False, accountables_only=False,
keep_preselections=False):
                """Select a range of cells according to criteria.

                unsigned_only: include only those which are not signed at all
yet
                accountable_only: include only those for which the current user
is responsible
                keep_preselections: broaden (rather than replace) the range of
selected cells

                Combinations are powerful !
                """
                for col_idx in self.__cell_data.keys():
                        for row_idx in self.__cell_data[col_idx].keys():
                                # loop over results in cell and only include
                                # those multi-value cells that are not ambiguous
                                do_not_include = False
                                for result in
self.__cell_data[col_idx][row_idx]:
                                        if unsigned_only:
                                                if result['reviewed']:
                                                        do_not_include = True
                                                        break
                                        if accountables_only:
                                                if not
result['you_are_responsible']:
                                                        do_not_include = True
                                                        break
                                if do_not_include:
                                        continue

> You do know the workarounds to get things done ?

Does this question need answering in light of the above ?