Re: STS Template Engine

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: STS Template Engine
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:53:23 +0200

Am 21.07.2005 um 16:03 schrieb Sunrise Ltd:

we've just released the STS TemplateEngine, a library for expanding templates using tagged placeholders and it features its own macro lanuguage for conditional template
expansion.

This is was I thought first:

"Since when are templates part of the Obj-C language and why would one want to add yet another layer of configurability (= code obscurity)?"

However, when reading your description I've learned you're not talking about templates on code ( like C++), but about _string_ templates here. So, it's something comparable to regex(3), NSScanner, et al.

Wanted to point that out.

Markus

P.S.: Adding the Engine as a category with 4 methods only sounds in fact very good!

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/