Re: Advertisement for gnustep

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Advertisement for gnustep
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 00:10:27 +0200 (CEST)

> Well, maybe was the phrasing slightly suboptimal, but not the message
> behind it ... ;-) Besides, we don't have a desktop (yet) and never
> will because some project members don't want GNUstep to become a
> desktop in the first place. This is legitimate, but I am convinced
> this has negative impacts on the "progress" of the entire project.

Just in case you're referring to me, I do want a GNUstep desktop :-)

I don't personally use a desktop myself (unless you call a barebone
WindowMaker + xterm a 'desktop'), but a complete GNUstep desktop
that provides a free implementation of a NeXTstep/Apple Mac OS X
type desktop is/would be a fantastic thing to have! ;-)

Thanks