Re: NSSound Commit

From: Stef Bidi
Subject: Re: NSSound Commit
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 15:57:28 -0400

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 12:20 PM, David Chisnall <address@hidden> wrote:
I've committed an OSS sound sink, but not connected it to the build.

Wow, that was pretty fast!  I notice you used AudioOutputSink as your class name, which I'm guessing is because I used that for the libao sink.  The reason I used AudioOutputSink is because the "ao" in libao means audio output.  Since these sinks and sources will be able to co-exist in the same system I think it would be best to keep them unique (ie: OpenSoundSink?).

Stefan

PS: That OSS backend looks pretty cool, and does more than the libao one, so it should definitely be used as the default for platforms that support it.  We'll absolutely need someone supporting the configure script, cause I plan on adding more sources and sinks in the future and can only do basic things.