Re: Next GNUstep release?

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Next GNUstep release?
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 23:33:08 +0100

Hi,
Additionally, for the Windows packages the default theme should be the
WinUXTheme and not the NeXT theme on that system.

Completely agree.

I heartily disagree, even if I am the one that started working on it after the hiatus of Christopher and Fred! I understand all the pressure Greg wants, but I still think it is not ready. The apps he thinks about work, but not the one I want to release, one of which I want to release "well" doesn't. If the application doesn't come up with a main window, the menus have troubles, or if it doesn't open an untitled document (same problem). Several others apps do work, but are very ugly.

Possible solutions were discussed, but none implemented yet.
Also ideas about directly with the app plist were put on the table.

Right now it is too early, I propose to ship it together with system preferences, easy to enable, but not yet default.

Riccardo