Re: Testing for drawing fixes r30523

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Testing for drawing fixes r30523
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 19:46:54 +0100

On 11 Jun 2010, at 18:51, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> What "older" could we support? Only WinNT4, because all the other windows
> versions wouldn't be supported by recent mingw anymore, which now requires a
> "Nt class" kernel. I don't have an NT4 machine available, I don't know if
> anybody even tried GNUstep there the past *years*.

I actually own a copy of NT 4 (I didn't pay for it - MS was handing them out at
the launch to anyone who didn't run away fast enough).  I could install it in a
VM and test GNUstep if we actually care about this platform.  I think I
actually have it installed on a P233 that I use for resting my coffee cup when
I'm sitting in a comfy chair, but I've not tried booting that machine for 4-5
years, so I might have NetBSD or something else random installed instead...

Given that I haven't run NT4 for almost a decade, I don't especially think it's
worth supporting, and if even Riccardo doesn't run it, probably no one else
does either...

David

-- Sent from my IBM 1620