Re: Testing for drawing fixes r30523

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Testing for drawing fixes r30523
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 12:46:56 +0200

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Quentin Mathé <address@hidden> wrote:

I now have several applications that run fine such as Gorm and SystemPreferences :-)
I can now tackle the drawing issue for real.

I have started to work on the various drawing issues I have observed with the Windows backend. This backend has issues very similar to the one I initially reported for the Cairo backend (e.g. composite is broken in rotated coordinates).
However GDI and Cairo are not the same, so I won't be able to just copy the Cairo implementation as I initially hoped it.

Since I don't know much about GDI and there are more than a single drawing issue, I think it's going to take me a week or so to figure out the right implementation.

Can I use the updated GDI API introduced with Windows 2000? I doubt anyone is currently interested in deploying Windows applications on older Windows versions, but let me know… I'm interested in using SetWorldTransform() and similar to support stuff like rotation.

Doug, if you are stuck because of the issues I introduced, feel free to roll back my changes (r30523 and 30524)…

Cheers,
Quentin.