Re: Testing for drawing fixes r30523

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Testing for drawing fixes r30523
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 18:52:10 -0400

Win2k is not so common as you might think:

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

that data indicates that it's being used by about 0.4% of all users
worldwide.   While this might not be the most accurate assessment of
the actual installed base, I believe it's the best statistic we have.

There are a number of issues with continuing to use gdi:

1) issues with compositing
2) not hardware accelerated
3) officially deprecated and will not see either bug fixes or new features
4) will likely disappear in a future release of windows.

GC