Re: Testing for drawing fixes r30523

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Testing for drawing fixes r30523
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:52:08 +0200

Le 23 juin 2010 à 14:35, Nicola Pero a écrit :

Can you give us more information on the issues you had ? I updated the README.MinGW doc a couple of months ago or so. If it stopped working (because of changes in MinGW or somewhere else) I'd like to know, so I can update it again :-)

Sorry for the late reply.

Here are the issues I encountered with MinGW/MSys 1.0.11 (including GCC 3.4.5): - the libxml 2.7.6 source didn't compile with GCC. I worked around it by installing the binary available at http://www.zlatkovic.com/libxml.en.html - gnustep-make didn't add -lpthread whereas I configured it with -- thread-lib=posix. I had to add -lpthread to objc_threaded by editing /usr/local/share/GNUstep/Makefiles/config.make directly - make install doesn't work on Vista because of permission issues. I solved the issue as I explained previously here: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnustep-dev/2010-06/msg00055.html - gnustep-base didn't compile. GCC was unable to find the objc headers although they were properly installed in /usr/local/include and GCC --print-search-dirs was reporting the right header search paths

Thanks Quentin, I guess I'll have to try again :-)

I don't have Windows Vista though, but I added a mention of the installation permission problem in the README.MinGW.

Did you use the latest README.MinGW from core/make/Documentation ?

Yes.

I'm asking because I was checking, and in the README.MinGW mentions to configure gnustep-make using

./configure --with-layout=fhs --with-thread-lib=-lpthread

but you mention --with-thread-lib=posix - maybe that was a typo ?

I cannot remember whether I used posix or -lpthread when configuring gnustep-make. I might well have made the typo in my mail reply.

Cheers,
Quentin.