Re: Can't drag&drop menu in Gorm

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Can't drag&drop menu in Gorm
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 09:28:32 -0500

Fred,

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 8:33 AM, Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:
On 28.12.2013 14:17, Gregory Casamento wrote:
> I really need to learn to stop using my phone dictation to send emails.

But it was fun to read :-)

LOL, they often are. ;)
> I did a clean build of core, then a clean build of GORM. I then created a
> new empty document, then I went to the pallete and dragged a menu into it.
> I did this on both platforms precisely the same and it worked for me please
> let me know if I'm missing something.

Yes, that is what needs to be tested. In the meantime I tried with my
Windows virtual machine and there it works. Looks like German and I have
a local problem we need to solve ourselves. Still it would help if you
could point me to the class that should be accepting the drag of the
menu. Is it GormObjectEditor?

Yes, that is one of the places you need to look.  Also look at GormPalettesManager.  There is code there which specifically handles dragging of menus and windows in the method draggedImage:endedAt:deposited: near line 105.

Are you both using Ubuntu?  Perhaps I could help further by using a VM that runs Ubuntu instead of debian.

Greg
--
Gregory Casamento
(240)274-9630 (Cell)