gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ARM port problem in rtcm3.2 handling

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ARM port problem in rtcm3.2 handling
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 07:22:31 -0400

Hal Murray <address@hidden>:

> address@hidden said:
> > Gary, I think there's an endianness problem in your recent 3.2 additions
> > somewhere.
>
> I thought that Raspberry Pi was normal endianness.
>
> How much endianness is there in GPSD?

Can't be a lot.  Years ago I audited carefully for such problems using
big-endian
machines on the Debian built farm.  Didn't find many, and fixed them all.  The
insulating layer of field-extraction macros in bits.h helps a great deal.

This kind of problem would almost have to be due to a recent driver change.