gpsd-dev

Re: gpsrinex epoch timestamps look wrong

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: gpsrinex epoch timestamps look wrong
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 15:56:53 -0700

Yo Poul-Henning!

On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 18:32:09 +0000
Poul-Henning Kamp <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm having trouble getting any of the free services to chew on my
> RINEX files.

They are very, very picky.  They run old FORTRAN code.

> I noticed one of the reasons OPUS lists is:
>
>     1020   2. The time of each epoch is offset from one of the above
> intervals.  The 1020      seconds epoch field must coincide with one
> of the above rates.

Yup.  Bad epoch.

>         > 2020 04 25 11 19 30.9990000  0 10
Needs to be an even second.  Like 30.0000000

> This doesn't seem right to me ?

You are correct, it is not right.

But it is probably a fair translation of what your GNSS receiver sent.

Reply to the mailing list a copy of your raw output.  Then I
can check your data.  "gpspipe -R -n 1000 > raw.log"

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588