gpsd-dev

Re: gpsrinex epoch timestamps look wrong

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: gpsrinex epoch timestamps look wrong
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 12:50:46 -0700

Yo Poul-Henning!

On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 14:50:35 +0000
"Poul-Henning Kamp" <address@hidden> wrote:

> (Apologies for not replying to the correct message, I am not
> subscribed to this list, and did not receive Gary's reply.
>
> Gary wrote:
>
> > Reply to the mailing list a copy of your raw output.  Then I
> > can check your data.  "gpspipe -R -n 1000 > raw.log"
>
> I have uploaded the file here:
>
>        http://phk.freebsd.dk/misc/raw.log.gz

Good news.  I got it fine.

Bad news.  I just looked at a decode of the raw data in UBX-RAW-RAWX.

$ ubxtool -f raw.log -v 2
[...]
UBX-RXM-RAWX:
 rcvTow 52031.003 week 2103 leapS 18 numMeas 17 recStat 0x1 version 1
 reserved1[2] 0xb0 0xad
  recStat (leapSec)
[...]

Your raw data is not being reported on the top of the second.  That
breaks most PPP software.

0.003 may not seem like much.  But that is 3,000,000 nano seconds.

Using Adm Grace Hoppers approximation of 9 inches a nano second, that is
a lot.

You could try rounding to the nearest second, not sure how that would
affect your results.

Maybe a config setting is involved.  Can you provide the results of
a config dump:
        ubxtool -p CONFIG -v 2

That requires git head to work.

RGDS