gpsd-dev

Re: BUG: ubxtool enable/disable RAWX fails

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: BUG: ubxtool enable/disable RAWX fails
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 17:03:08 -0700

Yo John!

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 17:50:43 -0400
John Ackermann N8UR <address@hidden> wrote:

> Here's the MON-VER output from the M8P I have:

You previously sent that.  As part of the "-p CONFIG".

> Galileo was turned off because I was, again, following the
> instructions for gpsrinex;

Yes.  Of course.  Why do you mention it?  AFAIK, no PPP service will use
it yet.

> since I was using an 8-series receiver I
> assumed they would be accurate.  I'm trying to do things by the book
> to avoid introducing errors of my own.

But since the man page was written, many PPP do now support GLONASS.
Tests show it does help.  So you should add it.  But, not important when
nothing works.

> > Your GLONASS is off, shold be on:
> >
> > UBX-CFG-GNSS:
> >  msgVer 0  numTrkChHw 28 numTrkChUse 28 numConfigBlocks 4
> >   gnssId 0 TrkCh  8 maxTrCh 16 reserved 0 Flags x01010001
> >    GPS L1C/A enabled
> >   gnssId 3 TrkCh  2 maxTrCh 16 reserved 0 Flags x01010000
> >    BeiDou B1I
> >   gnssId 5 TrkCh  0 maxTrCh  3 reserved 0 Flags x01010001
> >    QZSS L1C/A enabled
> >   gnssId 6 TrkCh  8 maxTrCh 14 reserved 0 Flags x01010000
> >    GLONASS L1

Note: GLONASS, not Galileo.

RGDS
GARY