Re: [Health-dev] Androit application for Gnu Health

From: Cédric Krier
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Androit application for Gnu Health
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 15:45:04 +0100

On 11 Dec 09:03, Oscar Alvarez wrote:
> On 08/12/14 15:10, Cédric Krier wrote:
> >Still HTML5 application is more portable. For example, I can not run
> >your test program on my FirefoxOS while I can run any HTML5 application.
> >And I think FirefoxOS is realy an important target for GNU Healt as it
> >is used for cheap devices [1]
> >
> >[1] https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/os/devices/
> Yes, you are right html5 is better than Qt,  but what do you think about
> build on Apache Cordova [1]?
>
> [1] http://cordova.apache.org/

I don't know about it but with HTML5 you really not need often something
else to build application.
Generally, I just use jQuery to hide some bad design of javascript.

> and I am sure if when you talk about web client is just sao (running inside
> a web browser),  and phones it requires open web browser?
>
> or sao is just for desktop web client and using sao base code build phone
> app?

sao is designed to be a desktop general purpose client but with this
campaign [1] (if it succeeds) sao will have some features to run smoother
on small screen. But I still think that specific web application is
needed for common tasks.

[1]
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sao-a-beautiful-web-client-for-tryton

--