Re: [Health-dev] Androit application for Gnu Health

From: Cédric Krier
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Androit application for Gnu Health
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 08:46:08 +0100

On 11 Dec 11:28, Oscar Alvarez wrote:

> On 11/12/14 09:45, Cédric Krier wrote:

> >>Yes, you are right html5 is better than Qt,  but what do you think about
> >>build on Apache Cordova [1]?
> >>
> >>[1] http://cordova.apache.org/
> >I don't know about it but with HTML5 you really not need often something
> >else to build application.
> >Generally, I just use jQuery to hide some bad design of javascript.
> Unfortunately all mobile OS requires build apps with "native" tools,

That's wrong. For example, there is FirefoxOS.
And it should also work for Android:
https://hacks.mozilla.org/2014/03/better-integration-for-open-web-apps-on-android/
And it seems Mozilla is working with cordova to make it work on iOS:
https://hacks.mozilla.org/2013/10/progress-report-on-cross-platform-open-web-apps/

> and I
> think to use web browsers for open application client in phones is very slow
> (performance), because just browser one eats memory and cpu resources,
> instead native app made for example with Cordova/Phonegap (pure html5),
> doesn't require browser opened.

And what do you think render the HTML5?

> I think phone app target isn't initially for tryton users with hard work,
> instead for managers, ceo, directors or coordinators,  mainly it consults
> records, approbation of records, etc
>
> This Apps was made with Phonegap (Cordova Apache), pure html5
>
> http://phonegap.com/app/android/
>
> I think that sao code maybe is useful for starting with Cordova. :)

I don't think.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: address@hidden