Re: Bootstrapping

From: John Sechrest
Subject: Re: Bootstrapping
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:33:41 -0800

"Luke A. Kanies" <luke@madstop.com> writes:

 % That's definitely a good idea where it can work, but it won't work for
 % most of my cases.  One of the things I like the most about cfengine is how
 % easy it is to use it to classify my hosts; I definitely don't want to move
 % that classification outside of cfengine.

 Can you outline for me how you use cfengine to classify hosts where
 it is more appropriate to define it inside cfengine
 instead of as an external declaration?

 IE, some kind of derived class membership?

 % We need to begin adding error checking and/or error counting into
 % cfengine.  Without that, we're kind of stuck doing post-processing outside
 % of cfengine, which is a lot of extra work.

 Can you give an example of how you would like this to work?

-----
                        .           computers and the Internet
                          .            more effectively
                             .