Re: Bootstrapping

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Re: Bootstrapping
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:56:44 -0600

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 16:56, Luke A. Kanies wrote:
> So, as to 'correctly updating':  If a client can successfully copy
> _anything_ is it working?  What about if it's just running cfagent at all?
> What if it has some errors, such as being incapable of starting a process?

I have my cfagents dump their $(allclasses) variable, suitably reformatted,
into a file at the very end of each run.  This is useful for seeing 'what
happened' and such.

Consider maintaining (in LDAP, another script, or cfengine itself) a list of
classes that should and should not be defined, and check those off against
the above-described list.  Discrepancies generate notifications in your NMS
or whatever....