Re: help with cfexecd/solaris/crontab

From: Russell Van Tassell
Subject: Re: help with cfexecd/solaris/crontab
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 15:28:18 -0700

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 06:21:32PM -0400, Christian Pearce wrote:
> I was just blaming SMC because it wouldn't surprise me.  Come to think
> of it I am having this problem ever since we started using 2.1.14.  The
> last release I used was 2.1.10.  I didn't envision it being a problem
> with cfengine, since it was part of our SysNav install.  But now it is
> making sense.  I suppose I should open up a ticket about this.

I hear ya... I, too, tend to avoid using those packages for fairly
typical reasons.  Then again, I've also built-up my own cache of
Solaris packages that I've built over the years (going back to 2.5.1 or
so).  For me, Solaris 7 is the easiest scapegoat... though that's just
where I ended up building 2.1.14, first.

Next time I install another client (probably next week or the week after
or so), I'll try to futher isolate this in the roll-out... unless anyone
wants an old core file... ;-)

Russell

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell@loosenut.com

A candidate is a person who gets money from the rich and votes from the
poor to protect them from each other.