help-debbugs

Re: controlling how long before archiving?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: controlling how long before archiving?
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 20:51:28 +0100

Felix Lechner <felix.lechner@lease-up.com> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Felix,

>> What I'm thinking about is something like a bug triage. You want to work
>> on bugs only which are open
>
> I do not see ways to select open bugs on the search page. [1] Is that a
> bug?

You can filter for the "status" attribute. The help text says valid
values are "pending, forwarded, fixed, done". If this attribute is
empty, it means "open". (I don't know how to filter for an empty
attribute, must check).

>> That's why I have written the Emacs debbugs package
>
> Well, thank you for that! I'd love to learn how to use it.

There are two manuals:

<https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/doc/debbugs.html> is the SOAP backend
manual. I doubt, than anybody but me has read it ever :-)

<https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/doc/debbugs-ug.html> is the user
manual. That's what everybody using the package should know about.

> Before I sign up for private lessons, do the SOAP interfaces work on
> debbugs.juix.org and better.juix.org?

Doesn't look like. Accessing better.juix.org:

HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway
Server: nginx