help-debbugs

Re: controlling how long before archiving?

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: controlling how long before archiving?
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2024 18:27:40 -0800

Hi Michael,

On Sat, Jan 06 2024, Michael Albinus wrote:

> When I search in the bug database

Do you use the 'estraier' full-text search? I don't think that's working
yet on my clone on debbugs.juix.org. Please describe some recent
searches so I can test.

> For my personal workflow, 28 days is fine.

Could it be an option in the search screen? Something like:

Include:

   [X] open bugs
   [X] any bugs closed in the past [NNN] days

> I guess there are other people with the same personal preference.

I'd prefer if the archving step created no controversy at all. For
example, we could make it impossible to comment on all closed bugs. It
would effectively merge the "close" and "archive" steps and make the
latter obsolete.

Kind regards
Felix