help-debbugs

Re: controlling how long before archiving?

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: controlling how long before archiving?
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 10:05:54 -0800

Hi Michael,

On Sun, Jan 07 2024, Michael Albinus wrote:

> What I'm thinking about is something like a bug triage. You want to work
> on bugs only which are open

I do not see ways to select open bugs on the search page. [1] Is that a
bug?

> That's why I have written the Emacs debbugs package

Well, thank you for that! I'd love to learn how to use it.

Before I sign up for private lessons, do the SOAP interfaces work on
debbugs.juix.org and better.juix.org?

> No, it must be possible to comment on unarchived closed bugs. When a
> developer closes a bug, and the originator or somebody else disagrees,
> (s)he must be able to express this disagreement.

Thank you for that insight! Indeed, 28 days after closure then seems
like a short time frame.

Without wishing to put words into Karl's mouth, I agree that archiving
should occur 28 days after a release, or later. How else would regular
folks be able to tell?

Kind regards
Felix

[1] Please scroll down, https://debbugs.gnu.org/