Re: Chinese characters support

From: Lee Sau Dan
Subject: Re: Chinese characters support
Date: 13 May 2003 09:40:16 +0200

    Charles> I never requested the removal of the HELLO file. All I
    Charles> said was that as long as it was maintained in utf-7,

Are you sure it's utf-7?   Then how come it can distinguish characters
in BIG5 and equivalent characters in JIS?

    Charles> it was not especially useful as test file for people who
    Charles> are trying to get their CJK working right.

It  seems  to me  that  when you  talk  about  "CJK", you're  actually
refering to "utf-8".

Many people using  the CJK parts of Emacs only  work with the national
encodings (Big5, GB,  JIS, KSC, etc.)  and in  those cases, they Emacs
works excellently.

--
Lee Sau Dan                     李守敦(Big5)                    ~{@nJX6X~}(HZ)

E-mail: danlee@informatik.uni-freiburg.de