Re: basic question: going back to dired

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: basic question: going back to dired
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 13:09:13 +0200

Tim X wrote:
Agreed. I don't like Xah Lee's proposals. But I think that he's right
that Emacs' use of outdated terminology sometimes hampers adoption by
new users.

so what? I'm not trying to be argumentative, but what does it really
matter if new users have a bit of a learning curve?

I think many have tried to explain why it matters. Please see the archive in Emacs Devel and other places.

While probably sounding
provocative, how many new uses who are not prepared to learn emacs
terminology are actually going to contribute anything?

To understand this I think you have to consider psychology and how our brain works.