Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 05:08:10 +0200

X Y Z wrote:

>> this: (define-key c-mode-base-map "\C-d"
>> 'c-delete-forward) will be: (define-key
>> c-mode-base-map delete-forward-binding
>> 'c-delete-forward)
>
> This, at least for me, feels like a fantastic
> idea :-)

The idea is a classic computing idea where the
method is to reduce complexity by squeezing in
yet another layer in between.

Here, I'm hesitant because there really is no
complexity to assigning keys to
different modes.

But I might be wrong, so do it! Is what I would
have done. The worst thing that can happen (if
you succeed) is that you have it on your local
Emacs and it makes you happy now and then, and
no one else cares, neither positively or
negatively, really.

             "Do it today - in a different way!"
                - Stuck on Replay, Scooter, 2010
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlpNp2HBNUE>