Re: Toggle appointment notification

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Toggle appointment notification
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 10:11:26 +0300

> > There is nothing that I think of the database unless during the
> > development stage. Once developed functions work for years, I just
> > looked back and I see decades passed. I could as well stay working
> > with the old PostgreSQL version. Inside of a database is text. All
> > editing is text.
>
> Wouldn't you need some database model to build?

Databases like SQL need always table design, and it is very simple to
do:

CREATE TABLE aliases (
aliases_id SERIAL NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
aliases_alias TEXT,
aliases_name TEXT,
aliases_email TEXT
);

that above is approach with unique ID that I always recommend or it
may be simpler without it:

CREATE TABLE aliases (
aliases_alias TEXT,
aliases_name TEXT,
aliases_email TEXT
);

Then few functions to insert aliases provide reliable structure for
email aliases that would last for decades. Above is very simple
example.

Emacs configuration could as well be stored in the database and one
could cycle through whole complex configurations with one key only,
edit such, export into init file and similar, share with others.