Re?? Is there a translation platform for the Emacs manual

From: ??????????
Subject: Re?? Is there a translation platform for the Emacs manual
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 22:59:47 +0800

Hi

I wish I could see your project earlier??My current way is to use po4a ??
gettext?? makeinfo?? omegaT together??

It took me a long time to find this feasible way??

Can you consider hosting the translation of the manual on an online CAT
platform? like weblate or pootle, etc

In this way, different languages can share a set of pot files.

Anyway, I know I am not alone anymore.

------------------ ???????? ------------------
??????:
                                               "Takesi Ayanokoji"

<ayanokoji.takesi@gmail.com&gt;;
????????:&nbsp;2021??1??6??(??????) ????10:40
??????:&nbsp;"Emanuel
Berg"<moasenwood@zoho.eu&gt;;"help-gnu-emacs"<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org&gt;;

????:&nbsp;Re: Is there a translation platform for the Emacs manual

Hi.

I translated&nbsp; Emacs's user manual and elisp reference manual&nbsp; since
version
24.5.

I am translating and updating manuals by po4a and GNU gettext(
https://github.com/ayatakesi/emacs-doc-ja).

This translating work have been came up with my personal RTF + Googling +
try &amp; error, because I did translating works alone.

Currently I contacted Emacs user community in Japan, and hope translating
and updating manuals continuously by project with user community.

Best,

2021??1??6??(??) ????2:24 Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text
editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org&gt;:

&gt; Leo Liu wrote:
&gt;
&gt; &gt; hi friends
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; I am translating the Emac manual into Chinese and I have
&gt; &gt; completed 10 chapters
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; I want to know if the project has a unified translation
&gt; &gt; platform or planAvoid duplication of work
&gt;
&gt; Good work, actually I never heard of Emacs manuals in other
&gt; languages. (At least the French should have a translated
&gt; emacs(1) man page, tho.)
&gt;
&gt; I guess the more manuals the better, however unlike Russian
&gt; hockey players that play 1.5 decade in the NHL without
&gt; learning English (not all Russian player are like that),
&gt; unlike them, you cannot really be a good programmer
&gt; without English.
&gt;
&gt; As for a platform, again never heard of, but I can see the
&gt; benefits, however as for avoiding duplication of work, as you
&gt; put it, I can almost reassure you that won't happen :)
&gt;
&gt; You should put your manual on the official page if everything
&gt; checks out :)
&gt;
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; https://www.gnu.org/manual/
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; webmasters@gnu.org