Re: Finding last *Async Shell Command* buffer?

From: Skip Montanaro
Subject: Re: Finding last *Async Shell Command* buffer?
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 10:54:02 -0500

> > The *Buffer List* should be sorted but if you want even
> > faster, tell me what these buffers are called exactly...
>
> To find out the buffer by listing, I would need to enter each buffer
> and review it if it is the right one.

You forgot to answer the last bit. How are these *Async Shell Command*
buffers named? If there is just one, that is, by definition, the last
one, I believe. If some counter is incremented each time one is
created to avoid name collisions, choose the one with the largest
number.

Can you give an example of how to create one or more of these buffers?
I'm not sure I've ever used an async shell before.

Skip Montanaro