Re: [solved]: Re: Finding last *Async Shell Command* buffer?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [solved]: Re: Finding last *Async Shell Command* buffer?
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 13:34:22 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> [2021-03-26 10:57]:
> What happens if that buffer was meanwhile killed?
>
> Personally, I find it un-Emacsy to write a wrapper command each time
> you want to manipulate the results of an existing command.  Emacs
> provides hooks for that very purpose, so it's best to use those
> instead of inventing a new command each time you need something like
> that.  Redefining a key binding each time you run an async command is
> also ... inelegant.

True. It is temporary like that.

Maybe I will be pushing last async buffer names into a list and pull
those last buffers by same key bindings as long as:

- the buffer still has process running. But the variable
  `async-current-process' is nil, and has no description.

- if buffer exists, I know how to check.

Then the key can show last async buffer, and if repeated one before
that one, with process still running, and so on.

How to discover if async buffer has current process running?