Re: Consult some suggestions for adjusting keyboard shortcuts to bind co

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Consult some suggestions for adjusting keyboard shortcuts to bind conflicts.
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 21:40:07 +0800

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 3:07 PM Robert Thorpe
<rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Ubuntu 20.04, I use fcitx input framework, which use Ctr + SPC to
> > trigger input method and Saladict which use Alt + s to call its
> > standalone panel.
> >
> > But all the above key bindings have been predefined in Emacs. Could
> > you please give me some suggestions on adjusting keyboard shortcuts to
> > avoid binding conflicts?
>
> I'm not sure which way around you want to deal with the problem.
>
> I'm presuming you want to move the mappings in Emacs that Emacs uses for
> C-SPC and M-s.

Or some suggestions to keep the Emacs key bindings as they are, but
instead, resolve conflicting by changing the  other applications'
predefined key bindings.

> Do you use Emacs in the terminal?

May or may not.

>  If you don't then things are
> more flexible.  For example, you could use C-:,  C-, C-', C-= or C-+.
> You could also map a super or hyper key in Emacs.
>
> BR,
> Robert Thorpe

Theory and Simulation of Materials
Hebei Polytechnic University of Science and Technology engineering
NO. 552 North Gangtie Road, Xingtai, China