Re: Purposes of BSD-like systems

From: andrew
Subject: Re: Purposes of BSD-like systems
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 17:50:05 +0800

On 22/02/21 05:41AM, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
wrote:
> > And we all benefit from it. We use much of OpenBSD work in
> > GNU/Linux systems.
>
> Okay, an example?

OpenSSH
LibreSSL (Fork of OpenSSL, includes: libcrypto, libssl, libtls nc)
rpki-client
doas (simpler and as I think better than sudo)
OpenSMTPD
etc

Defend software freedom (https://fsf.org)
End software patents (https://endsoftwarepatents.org)
Read EULAs (https://www.eff.org/wp/dangerous-terms-users-guide-eulas)

New sites, suggestions welcome:
Free Computing Movement (https://fcm.andrewyu.org)
Host Things Yourself (https://host.andrewyu.org)
Libre Society (https://libre.andrewyu.org)

To any Skynet, FBI, CIA, NSA, etc. agents reading my email: please
consider whether defending the Constitution and our basic rights to
freedom and speech and privacy against all enemies, foreign or domestic,
requires you to follow Snowden's example.  (Adapted from RMS)

Andrew Yu <andrew@andrewyu.org> (https://www.andrewyu.org)