Re: Resources for an old newbie ?

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Resources for an old newbie ?
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 06:25:53 +0200

On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 07:31:08AM +0200, Emanuel Berg wrote:

[...]

> Because, the problem is the repositories are so behind.
> For example in the Debian repos, xemacs21 is the most "recent"
> version available ...

Emanuel, please check your facts. Debian stable, aka bullseye has
Emacs 27.1; soon-to-be-stable,aka bookworm has 28.2 [1].

It's not that hard.

Debian is known for not being bleeding edge, and it has good reasons
for that (that's one of the things I actually appreciate in Debian).

But it is't "vintage", either.

Cheers

[1]
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=Gnu+Emacs&searchon=all&suite=all&section=all