Re: Resources for an old newbie ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Resources for an old newbie ?
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 07:41:48 +0200

Michael Heerdegen wrote:

>> Trust me, if you are a fan, it'll just give you so much
>> more. The Debian distribution model is great but for the
>> one, two or three programs you really care about (mine are
>> Emacs and mpv if anyone is curious :P), for those
>> I recommend 100% getting the latest version.
>
> I know this has been your way, and it has been mine, so
> I know what you are talking about. I just don't think it is
> the best way for everyone, probably not even for a majority.
> I don't want people to be disappointed, not everybody has
> enough time for this [...]

On the contrary, it is very easy and fast.

And people are very fluent with those kind of sysadmin Linux
and BSD commands these days, it is done in an instant!

I'm talking about installing the latest version, not writing
endless Elisp if that's what you mean?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal