Re: Resources for an old newbie ?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Resources for an old newbie ?
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 05:28:21 +0200

Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org> writes:

> Actually it has something to do with it! Because it becomes
> more fun, fast, there will be more possibilities what you can
> do, more interesting discussions (about what is modern and new
> and you don't even pretend to understand it), just a better
> all-in-all software experience to use and to be active with
> and around as a human being interacting with technology.
>
> And the more fun, the more activity, and if you have those
> two, fun and activity - in combination - no one has to worry
> about learning since it'll come automatically when you go to
> sleep and dream ...
>
> Trust me, if you are a fan, it'll just give you so much more.
> The Debian distribution model is great but for the one, two or
> three programs you really care about (mine are Emacs and mpv
> if anyone is curious :P), for those I recommend 100% getting
> the latest version.

I know this has been your way, and it has been mine, so I know what you
are talking about.  I just don't think it is the best way for everyone,
probably not even for a majority.  I don't want people to be
disappointed, not everybody has enough time for this.  And even for the
others, it's a decision to be made after going the first steps (like
reading the Elisp intro).

Michael.