Re: Resources for an old newbie ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Resources for an old newbie ?
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 03:13:54 +0200

Michael Heerdegen wrote:

>> Because, the problem is the repositories are so behind
>
> This has little to do with helping with learning, though.

Actually it has something to do with it! Because it becomes
more fun, fast, there will be more possibilities what you can
do, more interesting discussions (about what is modern and new
and you don't even pretend to understand it), just a better
all-in-all software experience to use and to be active with
and around as a human being interacting with technology.

And the more fun, the more activity, and if you have those
two, fun and activity - in combination - no one has to worry
about learning since it'll come automatically when you go to
sleep and dream ...

> And I guess the Emacs releases must have some advantages
> too, else the Emacs developers would not work hard to
> create them.

Trust me, if you are a fan, it'll just give you so much more.
The Debian distribution model is great but for the one, two or
three programs you really care about (mine are Emacs and mpv
if anyone is curious :P), for those I recommend 100% getting
the latest version.

PS. Also note this this is something that is something
    possible with software. But what guys that are into
    construction, bikes, ice hockey, climbing, chemistry etc
    can ever dream of the very latest and most cutting-edge
    machines, models, gear, or labs?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal