gnustep on windows

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: gnustep on windows
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 19:58:28 +0300 (EEST)

I'm trying to get gnustep-base working on windows to do some tests with
the new path handling methods.

I've got a win 2000 cd and installed all the stuff. (this is my first
window installation ;-))

After this, I've followed, step by step, the instructions in README.MinGW.

The first thing I've noticed is that I must put a copy of objc.dll,
renamed libobjc.dll, in GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/mingw32/gnu-gnu-gnu,
too.
Else the build of base fails. (Normally it is in
GNUstep/System/Tools/ix86/mingw32/gnu-gnu-gnu/ and it is named
"objc.dll").

Done this, I've tried to build a little tool that does some path
conversions, but, when I try to run it, I get a windows alert that says:
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc00000005). Click on OK
to terminate the applications".

Exactly the same happens with all the other tools, gdnc, for example...