Re: gnustep on windows

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: gnustep on windows
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 00:23:17 +0200

Enrico Sersale wrote:

The first thing I've noticed is that I must put a copy of objc.dll,
renamed libobjc.dll, in GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/mingw32/gnu-gnu-gnu,
too.
Else the build of base fails. (Normally it is in
GNUstep/System/Tools/ix86/mingw32/gnu-gnu-gnu/ and it is named
"objc.dll").

Done this, I've tried to build a little tool that does some path
conversions, but, when I try to run it, I get a windows alert that says:
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc00000005). Click on OK
to terminate the applications".

The problem might be what you did regard as a solution. You don't need a copy of objc.dll in the Libraries directory. What belongs here is libobjc.a, a stubs library that allows a program to be linked against a dynamic library. This should get installed the when you compile and install libobjc. If this did not happen you may copy it there yourself.

Cheers Fred