Re: gnustep on windows

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: gnustep on windows
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 16:14:18 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 4 May 2002, Fred Kiefer wrote:

> Enrico Sersale wrote:
>
> > The first thing I've noticed is that I must put a copy of objc.dll,
> > renamed libobjc.dll, in GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/mingw32/gnu-gnu-gnu,
> > too.
> > Else the build of base fails. (Normally it is in
> > GNUstep/System/Tools/ix86/mingw32/gnu-gnu-gnu/ and it is named
> > "objc.dll").
> >
> > Done this, I've tried to build a little tool that does some path
> > conversions, but, when I try to run it, I get a windows alert that says:
> > "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc00000005). Click on OK
> > to terminate the applications".
>
> The problem might be what you did regard as a solution. You don't need a
> copy of objc.dll in the Libraries directory. What belongs here is
> libobjc.a, a stubs library that allows a program to be linked against a
> dynamic library. This should get installed the when you compile and
> install libobjc. If this did not happen you may copy it there yourself.
>
> Cheers Fred

This problem has been solved getting the CVS version of libobjc. Now I can
build all the libraries ;-)

Only back gives some troubles; I've configured it with: --enable-win32
--enable-winlib.
I've installed libtiff and libjpeg.
But when I try to launch an app I get:

$ openapp Calculator.app
May 04 16:12:20 Calculator.exe[1120] No classes in bundle
May 04 16:12:20 Calculator.exe[1120] NSApplication.m:206  Assertion failed
in initialize_gnustep_backend. Can't load backend class
Error (objc-load):126
c:\GNUstep\Local\Applications\Calculator.app\ix86
\mingw32\gnu-gnu-gnu\Calculator.exe: Uncaught exception
NSInternalInconsistencyExeption, reason: NSApplication.m:206 Assertion
failed in initialize_gnustep_backend. Can't load backend class

Enrico