Re: gnustep on windows

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: gnustep on windows
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 14:49:22 -0600

Enrico Sersale wrote:

The first thing I've noticed is that I must put a copy of objc.dll,
renamed libobjc.dll, in GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/mingw32/gnu-gnu-gnu,
too.
Else the build of base fails. (Normally it is in
GNUstep/System/Tools/ix86/mingw32/gnu-gnu-gnu/ and it is named
"objc.dll").

Well you shouldn't have to do that. It probably means something else is wrong. Why did the base build fail? It sounds like perhaps PATH isn't set correctly or perhaps there are some wrong characters in PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Maybe you gave an odd --prefix to configure? Maybe it's a corrupt libobjc...

You might try linking and running a simple ObjC program like:

#include <objc/Object.h>
int
main()
{
  id obj = [Object new];
  return 0;
}

It may be easier to figure out what is wrong.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you