help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Release 0.0.6beta

From: Kasper Hviid
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Release 0.0.6beta
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 03:32:11 +0100

2009/1/10 Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>:
> Hello and... happy new year!

Thanks!

> I've just released 0.0.6beta.

Congratulations with your great work! Version 0.0.6 seems to be very
closer at being a finished game than I would have dared to imagine. Of
course there is still that network thing, but the game itself is up
and running. I have not created any new levels lately, but to see how
the code evolves is really inspirering. I'm pretty sure I'm back on
the track.

> IMHO this layer stuff is *cool*.

I tends to agree. I think I have understood how the layers works ...
they have to sorta, like, overlap each other to connect, right? Gotta
try it out.

Aside from creating bridges and tunnels levels, I think I'll look at
the rules.xml of my existing maps, to make them a bit more individual.

The sound when I mouse-over on a menu item is a bit annoying in the
long run. I have some sound files which might be useful. I have
recorded and edited them a long time ago, but never put them to use.
They are in .wav format.

Download link:
https://download.yousendit.com/bVlDb3BITkE4NVhIRGc9PQ

beep1.wav, click.wav and turn.wav could be useful for the menu stuff.
what.wav could be used when the time is running out.

A bit of TODO I encountered:
In the maps: rename readme.txt to README. (my bad, I know)
Mention the min/max value of stuff like 'nb-move-tries' in the documentation.

Regards,
Kasper Hviid