help-liquidwar6

[Help-liquidwar6] About rules.xml

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: [Help-liquidwar6] About rules.xml
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:35:28 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, January 14, 2009 6:41 pm, Kasper Hviid wrote:
> 2009/1/13 Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>:
>> Out of curiosity, what would be the ouput of "liquidwar6 --bench"?
>
> It gave me an 11, whatever that means.
Just gives you an idea of how fast the core algorithm performs on your
computer. FYI I get arround 6 or 7 on my various computers.

> I been playing a bit with rules.xml. Attack/healing seems to happen
> very fast with those values:
>
>   <int key="fighter-attack" value="10000"/>
>   <int key="fighter-defense" value="1000"/>
>   <int key="fighter-new-health" value="10000"/>
>
> But everything is slow here:
>
>   <int key="fighter-attack" value="10"/>
>   <int key="fighter-defense" value="1"/>
>   <int key="fighter-new-health" value="10"/>
>
> Compared to each other, the 3 values have the same proportions. So I
> don't understand it. But as long as it works :-)
You're perfectly right, the point is that (and this should, probably, be
better documented) there's an absolute parameter which is the "maximum
fighter health" and it is 10000. All other values are relative to this
one. So a shiny healthy fighter has 10000 "health points". When it's
attacked, "fighter-attack" points are taken from this total. When it's in
defense mode, that is when fighters of the same color are packed and heal
each other, then "fighter-defense" points are added to its health points
total. When it reaches 10000, healing stops. When the health goes below 0
(dead) then the fighter changes color, and its new health is
"fighter-new-health".

Given this, with your first parameters set, a fighter will change color in
one round, at the very first attack. With the second parameters set, it
will take 1000 cycles for a fighter to be dead and change color. Get it?

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden> - http://www.ufoot.org/ ___ __/\__